Re: andy in france not knowing what he is doing

  • miciofelice2003
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2 3:36 PM
      Bonsoir Andy.

      My God, a French person that doesn't know how to get eau de vie?
      Et France est la patrie du Cognac et aussi de l'Armagnac?

      Of course I'm joking.

      Anyway, I think that you are on the right place.

      Let me say that, if you want, I can explain you a little bit, but
      english isn't my mother tongue. I think that other people will do it
      better than me. If you speack italian I can explain in my language.

      Anyway, you need an alhambic, of course.

      But itsn't so "obvious". It depend on what you want to get as eau de
      vie.
      If you want something of very pure, like vodka, you have
      to "address" to a column relux, or column fractionnating or column
      reflux-fractionnating still, if you want to keep aromas and flavour,
      like the Cognac, the wisky or grappa, you need to have a pot still.

      So, first, you have to decide what kind of distillate you want to
      get: I suppose you want something of aromatic, just because you
      spoke about fruits, ... but it's better to know exactly.

      Then, do you want to know how to build an alhambic or do you want to
      know how to distil (and this is involving the fact you already have
      an alhambic)?

      Ciao a tutti
      da

      micio felice

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, andy wood <ctcdubai@...>
      wrote:

      > bonjour salut hi i have the fruit allready in the bottles i have
      the fruit but dont know how to make the eau de vie eg the amounts
      for 1lt 2lt etc any ideas thanks

      > miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote: Mon cher ami,
      > I didn't understand exactly what you want: if your wish is to know
      how
      > to groww fruit into bottles or how to fill the bottles.
      >
      > please, can you be a little bit clearer?
      >
      > Ciao a tutti
      > da
      >
      > micio felice (italy)
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai" <ctcdubai@>
      wrote:

      > > hi living in france in the correz i am growing fruit in bottles
      andi
      > > want to fill them with eau du vie i have a lot off fruit but no
      idea
      > > how to do it any body can help have asked many french freinds
      but
      > thay
      > > are being cagey so if in dought do it your self thanks

    • greg tufts
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2 5:52 PM
        Here is a link to a website which explains all of
        distilling for you.
        http://homedistiller.org/static_menu.htm
        If you find it useful and can afford
        it, donations to the site can be made through
        paypal at
        http://homedistiller.org/
        cheers
        greg
        --- miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:

        > Bonsoir Andy.
        >
        > My God, a French person that doesn't know how to get
        > eau de vie?
        > Et France est la patrie du Cognac et aussi de
        > l'Armagnac?
        >
        > Of course I'm joking.
        >
        > Anyway,<snip>
        > > Ciao a tutti
        > > da
        > >
        > > micio felice (italy)
        > >
        > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai"
        > <ctcdubai@>
        > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > hi living in france in the correz i am growing
        > fruit in bottles
        > andi
        <snip>

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2 8:24 PM
          hesus...enough already... :)
> [...]

          > wish is to know
          > how
          > > to groww fruit into bottles or how to fill the
          > bottles.
          > >
          > > please, can you be a little bit clearer?
          > >
          > > Ciao a tutti
          > > da
          > >
          > > micio felice (italy)
          > >
          > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai"
          > <ctcdubai@>
          > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > hi living in france in the correz i am growing
          > fruit in bottles
          > andi
          > > > want to fill them with eau du vie i have a lot
          > off fruit but no
          > idea
          > > > how to do it any body can help have asked many
          > french freinds
          > but
          > > thay
          > > > are being cagey so if in dought do it your self

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • waljaco
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3 5:27 AM
            Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
            pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
            wal

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4 12:03 AM
              I've seen the bottles in Luxembourg. Tasted the stuff to, the pear one. Is
              rather harsh stuff this eau de vie.
              Jan Wouter

              2006/8/3, waljaco <waljaco@...>:

              > Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
              > pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
              > wal

            • allan degroot
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 4 12:33 AM
                Traditional eau da vie's are simply pure UN-aged (CLEAR)
                fruit brandies.

                Though "Pear William" is likely the most famous
                (and aquires some of it's color from tannins leached from the pear that's
                grown inside the bottle) the type should be also be experienced by the various
                fruit brandies of Alsace.

                Alsatian Berengeist (pear) is a particular favorite of mine.

                though the German Kirschwasser is probably better known
                (and tastes like the lighter fluid it really is:)

                AllanD