Re: Don't throw out you're leftovers!!!!

  • cartierusm2004
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      Good for you, WASTE Nothing, but you could have dumped all that into
      your boiler, or most of it, and squeezed out some nice ehtanol.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "suitcase1499"
      <suitcase1499@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys, Just a message to let yall know of something I tried
      lately. I
      > had a few gallon jugs full of stuff left over from different
      batches. I
      > normally make 25 liter batch's and my still will only hold about
      4.5
      > gallons. So I always had leftovers and I'd always put them into 1
      > gallon jugs and label them. So here is something I did. I had 1
      gal. of
      > strawberry must 12% Abv, 1 gal. of white grape must 12%ABv, 1 gal
      of
      > Red Grape must 12%abv, 1 gal. of peach must 8%Abv and 1 gal. of
      Sugar
      > wash 16% Abv, I mixed them all togeather in a fermentor and added
      1 cup
      > activated carbon,Sparkolloid for 5 gallons, 3 Tbsp dry tannin. 1
      month
      > later it looked like pink champane and tasted like fruit punch. I
      added
      > some ascorbic acid, Potassium Sorbate, Waited 24 hours and
      Sweetened it

    • suitcase1499@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        Yep but the Doc has got me on wine only since the stroke.

        Suitcase

      • cartierusm2004
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
          Sorry to hear that but at least you still get wine, the best of all.