Don't throw out you're leftovers!!!!

  • suitcase1499
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi Guys, Just a message to let yall know of something I tried lately. I
      had a few gallon jugs full of stuff left over from different batches. I
      normally make 25 liter batch's and my still will only hold about 4.5
      gallons. So I always had leftovers and I'd always put them into 1
      gallon jugs and label them. So here is something I did. I had 1 gal. of
      strawberry must 12% Abv, 1 gal. of white grape must 12%ABv, 1 gal of
      Red Grape must 12%abv, 1 gal. of peach must 8%Abv and 1 gal. of Sugar
      wash 16% Abv, I mixed them all togeather in a fermentor and added 1 cup
      activated carbon,Sparkolloid for 5 gallons, 3 Tbsp dry tannin. 1 month
      later it looked like pink champane and tasted like fruit punch. I added
      some ascorbic acid, Potassium Sorbate, Waited 24 hours and Sweetened it
      alittle with grape juice and a little simple syrup. After a few days I
      siphoned off about 4.5 gallons and didn't even need to run it through
      my wine filter system. As best I can figue it's about 10%-12% Abv.
      Gives a great buzz, taste good and my wife loves it. Now to think at
      one time I was going to toss all this stuff out. Waste not want not.

      Suitcase
    • cartierusm2004
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        Good for you, WASTE Nothing, but you could have dumped all that into
        your boiler, or most of it, and squeezed out some nice ehtanol.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "suitcase1499"

      • suitcase1499@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
          Yep but the Doc has got me on wine only since the stroke.

          Suitcase

        • cartierusm2004
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
            Sorry to hear that but at least you still get wine, the best of all.