Re: andy in france not knowing what he is doing

  • miciofelice2003
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006
      Mon cher ami,
      I didn't understand exactly what you want: if your wish is to know how
      to groww fruit into bottles or how to fill the bottles.

      please, can you be a little bit clearer?

      Ciao a tutti
      da

      micio felice (italy)

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai" <ctcdubai@...> wrote:

      > hi living in france in the correz i am growing fruit in bottles andi
      > want to fill them with eau du vie i have a lot off fruit but no idea
      > how to do it any body can help have asked many french freinds but
      thay
      > are being cagey so if in dought do it your self thanks

    • mstehelin
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006
        Andy
        C'est facil faire eau de vie. Tu doit lire le page du web
        www.homedistiller.org
        Ha! Ok thats as much french as I know! Lurk around here and look
        around at Homedistiller.org and read parts of Kris Bergland's "Artisan
        distilling" e-book. Google it and you will find it.You should learn
        all that you need to know.
        What kind of fruit are you growing? Remember that you should de-pit
        fruits like appricots peaches and plums. They contain cyanide naturally.
        Cheers

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai" <ctcdubai@...> wrote:

        > hi living in france in the correz i am growing fruit in bottles andi
        > want to fill them with eau du vie i have a lot off fruit but no idea
        > how to do it any body can help have asked many french freinds but thay
        > are being cagey so if in dought do it your self thanks

      • andy wood
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
          bonjour salut hi i have the fruit allready in the bottles i have the fruit but dont know how to make the eau de vie eg the amounts for 1lt 2lt etc any ideas thanks

          miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote: Mon cher ami,

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
            Bonsoir Andy.

            My God, a French person that doesn't know how to get eau de vie?
            Et France est la patrie du Cognac et aussi de l'Armagnac?

            Of course I'm joking.

            Anyway, I think that you are on the right place.

            Let me say that, if you want, I can explain you a little bit, but
            english isn't my mother tongue. I think that other people will do it
            better than me. If you speack italian I can explain in my language.

            Anyway, you need an alhambic, of course.

            But itsn't so "obvious". It depend on what you want to get as eau de
            vie.
            If you want something of very pure, like vodka, you have
            to "address" to a column relux, or column fractionnating or column
            reflux-fractionnating still, if you want to keep aromas and flavour,
            like the Cognac, the wisky or grappa, you need to have a pot still.

            So, first, you have to decide what kind of distillate you want to
            get: I suppose you want something of aromatic, just because you
            spoke about fruits, ... but it's better to know exactly.

            Then, do you want to know how to build an alhambic or do you want to
            know how to distil (and this is involving the fact you already have
            an alhambic)?

            Ciao a tutti
            da

            micio felice

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, andy wood <ctcdubai@...>
            wrote:

            > bonjour salut hi i have the fruit allready in the bottles i have
            the fruit but dont know how to make the eau de vie eg the amounts
            for 1lt 2lt etc any ideas thanks

            > miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote: Mon cher ami,
            > I didn't understand exactly what you want: if your wish is to know
            how
            > to groww fruit into bottles or how to fill the bottles.
            >
            > please, can you be a little bit clearer?
            >
            > Ciao a tutti
            > da
            >
            > micio felice (italy)
            >
            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai" <ctcdubai@>
            wrote:

            > > hi living in france in the correz i am growing fruit in bottles
            andi
            > > want to fill them with eau du vie i have a lot off fruit but no
            idea
            > > how to do it any body can help have asked many french freinds
            but
            > thay
            > > are being cagey so if in dought do it your self thanks

          • greg tufts
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
              Here is a link to a website which explains all of
              distilling for you.
              http://homedistiller.org/static_menu.htm
              If you find it useful and can afford
              it, donations to the site can be made through
              paypal at
              http://homedistiller.org/
              cheers
              greg
              --- miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:

              > Bonsoir Andy.
              >
              > My God, a French person that doesn't know how to get
              > eau de vie?
              > Et France est la patrie du Cognac et aussi de
              > l'Armagnac?
              >
              > Of course I'm joking.
              >
              > Anyway,<snip>
              > > Ciao a tutti
              > > da
              > >
              > > micio felice (italy)
              > >
              > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai"
              > <ctcdubai@>
              > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > hi living in france in the correz i am growing
              > fruit in bottles
              > andi
              <snip>

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
                hesus...enough already... :)
> [...]

                > wish is to know
                > how
                > > to groww fruit into bottles or how to fill the
                > bottles.
                > >
                > > please, can you be a little bit clearer?
                > >
                > > Ciao a tutti
                > > da
                > >
                > > micio felice (italy)
                > >
                > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai"
                > <ctcdubai@>
                > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > hi living in france in the correz i am growing
                > fruit in bottles
                > andi
                > > > want to fill them with eau du vie i have a lot
                > off fruit but no
                > idea
                > > > how to do it any body can help have asked many
                > french freinds
                > but
                > > thay
                > > > are being cagey so if in dought do it your self

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • waljaco
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
                  Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
                  pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
                  wal

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
                    I've seen the bottles in Luxembourg. Tasted the stuff to, the pear one. Is
                    rather harsh stuff this eau de vie.
                    Jan Wouter

                    2006/8/3, waljaco <waljaco@...>:

                    > Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
                    > pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
                    > wal

                  • allan degroot
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
                      Traditional eau da vie's are simply pure UN-aged (CLEAR)
                      fruit brandies.

                      Though "Pear William" is likely the most famous
                      (and aquires some of it's color from tannins leached from the pear that's
                      grown inside the bottle) the type should be also be experienced by the various
                      fruit brandies of Alsace.

                      Alsatian Berengeist (pear) is a particular favorite of mine.

                      though the German Kirschwasser is probably better known
                      (and tastes like the lighter fluid it really is:)

                      AllanD