Re: Using temperature to make cuts

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 22, 2006
      Instruments should indeed be used as guidelines. There are too many
      variables to produce similar results every time with instruments only.
      Even scotch whiskey distillers have quality variations (they do cuts
      using instruments readings due to legistlation) and need to mix and
      match after aging to produce consistent quality.

      However, for a beginner the instruments provide an invaluable method
      for training their nose and getting a grasp on when to cut.

      - Riku