Re: Super Stripper

  • Murphy-Marsh, Leigh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2006
      A stripper doesn't need to be hugely complex.
      A regular still can do it fine but 3600 watts will require mondo amounts
      of cooling water and a decent sized surface area to condense on.
      That setup should do it but maybe pack your 2" cooling jacket with mesh
      scrubbers to slow down the vapour velocity through it.
      I take it the pump is for the cooling water? You will still need a fair
      amount of cooling water to take that amount of heat at full boil.
      Also your regular Australian house fuses are only designed for 2400
      watts so you may overload (Trip) them. From the 'G'day' I guess you're
      from Oz.
      Leigh.

      Who From: "Ian" <ian@...>
      Date: 20/07/2006 12:04:18 PM
      Subject: [new_distillers] Super Stripper!!

      Gidday!.

      I'm wondering if its worth my while...

      Lets pretend I wanted too strip heaps of booze. real fast? (good idea?)

      If I made up a 4" column. aprox 400mm tall.. Then had 2" pipe on a 45deg
      angle aprox 500mm long.

      1/2 a mandrel bend dough nut. and aprox1200mm? 2" tube with a 1m long
      water jacket?
      So I can run a submersible pump with no restriction

      Do you think that could handle 3600w? and a 50l boiler?

      All stainless,

      I don't want too do it bodge so its only good for striping.. If (when) I
      get inclined too try a corn mash etc, I'd like too try my luck with a
      real rum or scotch!..

      Does this idea sound good/stupid?

      Thanks
      :)