Re: [new_distillers] Corn Mash without Barley?

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2006
      I have SCREWED UP so many batches of corn malt that i now use Amalayse in only corn batches. I start the mash around 150 -155 F. I stir in the amalayse, let set overnight, wrapped in a towel. Next day when it cools to 85F I pitch the yeast. Never a problem ! I put amalayse in a 8 Qt pot ofcorn at my moms house last month. everyone thought I had poured sugar in it.

      diskmaster23 <diskmaster23@...> wrote: Hey all,

      I am looking to make a few batches of corn whiskey. Although, I don't
      have some malted barely laying around, is there some other
      alternatives that can be used to convert the starch?

      Thanks,

      Disk