Pot Stilling

  • duds2u
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2006
      I have to thank you all for quality and amount of information,
      particularly Harry, through these forums and Tony's web site.
      I have been distilling for a couple of years using a LM reflux still
      but have only just taken the step into mashes and flavoured spirits.

      I very successfully ran a grain and LME wash today and am looking
      forward to sampling the results in a few months time.

      The real reason for the post is during the week I was doing a bit of
      research into pot stilling and came across an old post of Harrys with
      a table comparing the concentration of ETOH in the wash versus
      temperature versus percentage ETOH in the vapor. I found it coincided
      almost exactly to my readings in the parrots beak. It certainly took
      a lot of guess work out as instead of waiting for something to happen
      you are able to plan your cuts.
      Thanks again
      Mal