Re: aluminum or stainless

  • suitcase1499
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Gord Day" <temagami@...> wrote:

      > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just
      can,t
      > find any stainless here..thanx
      > Gord

      I used one for along time it was a turkey fryer pot made of aluminum.
      You have to clean and dry it real good when your done. Some folks say
      don't use it at all but mine did fine till I could get a SS Boiler.

      Suitcase
    • sonum norbu
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
        Welcome back suit. Did Suitcase jr leave any booze for you? blanikdog

        > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of
        stainless.Just
        can,t
        > find any stainless here..thanx
        > Gord

        I used one for along time it was a turkey fryer pot made of aluminum.
        You have to clean and dry it real good when your done. Some folks say
        don't use it at all but mine did fine till I could get a SS Boiler.

        Suitcase

        NORMALITY IS NOTHING TO ASPIRE TOWARDS!!!

        My SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
        http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
          In a message dated 7/4/2006 8:01:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          blanik@... writes:

          Welcome back suit. Did Suitcase jr leave any booze for you? blanikdog

          He left me a little and about 10 gallons of wine thats working off right
          now. I hope it's good. LOL

          Suitcase

        • johnwisbey@libero.it
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
            TRy to find an olive oil container, about 50 lts. they are in stainless>

            > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just can,t
            > find any stainless here..thanx
            > Gord

            John Wisbey
            Tel: ( 0039) 0173529505
            Fax: (0039) 0173 529942
            Mobile: (0039) 338 2422895
            e-mail: johnwisbey@...

            www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com www.nicltd.co.uk
          • Dean Thomas
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
              I think you'll find that all beer kegs are Stainless or at least they
              are in Australia. If it Ain't Stainless it must be pretty old.

              Dean

              Gord Day wrote:

              > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just
              > can,t
              > find any stainless here..thanx
              > Gord

            • Larry
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
                At 07:43 AM 07/05/2006, you wrote:

                >I think you'll find that all beer kegs are Stainless or at least they
                >are in Australia. If it Ain't Stainless it must be pretty old.

                Same thing in the USA.

                The only aluminum kegs I've seen have seemed to be pretty old ones, though
                they ARE around. Have a look at www.ebay.com.

                Aluminum kegs come up very rarely, though I found two of them among about
                40 that I saw during the two months I spent keeping a close eye on it.