A few thoughts

  • John Fleming
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2000
      Hi fellow newbies
      I tried a small post the other day but it didn't seem to work. SO
      here goes again. I agree with a lot of sentinment that we need some
      discussion between first-timers to talk about things the
      professionals have long forgotten. I am a long-time amateur
      winemaker and I suppose I have some skills in that area, but the
      distillation business is a whole new ball game. The three laws of
      winemaking still apply. They are -
      1st Law: The equipment must be sterile.
      2nd Law: The equipment must be sterile!
      3rd Law: The equipment must be sterile!!

      These are very important laws. I am also coming to the conclusion
      that one of the secrets to really good distillation is control of
      heat (not temperature). I am undertaking some experiments in this
      regard and will keep you posted.

      Regards

      John FLeming