Re: [new_distillers] aluminum or stainless

  • Gord Day
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4 6:51 AM
      can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just can,t
      find any stainless here..thanx
      Gord
    • suitcase1499
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4 4:31 PM
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Gord Day" <temagami@...> wrote:

        > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just
        can,t
        > find any stainless here..thanx
        > Gord

        I used one for along time it was a turkey fryer pot made of aluminum.
        You have to clean and dry it real good when your done. Some folks say
        don't use it at all but mine did fine till I could get a SS Boiler.

        Suitcase
      • sonum norbu
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4 4:51 PM
          Welcome back suit. Did Suitcase jr leave any booze for you? blanikdog

          > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of
          stainless.Just
          can,t
          > find any stainless here..thanx
          > Gord

          I used one for along time it was a turkey fryer pot made of aluminum.
          You have to clean and dry it real good when your done. Some folks say
          don't use it at all but mine did fine till I could get a SS Boiler.

          Suitcase

          NORMALITY IS NOTHING TO ASPIRE TOWARDS!!!

          My SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
          http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4 5:23 PM
            In a message dated 7/4/2006 8:01:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            blanik@... writes:

            Welcome back suit. Did Suitcase jr leave any booze for you? blanikdog

            He left me a little and about 10 gallons of wine thats working off right
            now. I hope it's good. LOL

            Suitcase

          • johnwisbey@libero.it
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5 3:18 AM
              TRy to find an olive oil container, about 50 lts. they are in stainless>

              > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just can,t
              > find any stainless here..thanx
              > Gord

              John Wisbey
              Tel: ( 0039) 0173529505
              Fax: (0039) 0173 529942
              Mobile: (0039) 338 2422895
              e-mail: johnwisbey@...

              www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com www.nicltd.co.uk
            • Dean Thomas
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5 5:43 AM
                I think you'll find that all beer kegs are Stainless or at least they
                are in Australia. If it Ain't Stainless it must be pretty old.

                Dean

                Gord Day wrote:

                > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just
                > can,t
                > find any stainless here..thanx
                > Gord

              • Larry
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 5 8:06 AM
                  At 07:43 AM 07/05/2006, you wrote:

                  >I think you'll find that all beer kegs are Stainless or at least they
                  >are in Australia. If it Ain't Stainless it must be pretty old.

                  Same thing in the USA.

                  The only aluminum kegs I've seen have seemed to be pretty old ones, though
                  they ARE around. Have a look at www.ebay.com.

                  Aluminum kegs come up very rarely, though I found two of them among about
                  40 that I saw during the two months I spent keeping a close eye on it.