Oak charcoal-

  • mstehelin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4 4:10 PM
      I see "old style" charcoal at the store. Not briquets- chunks of tree.
      Is this acceptable for ageing Burbon?
    • donald holcombe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4 5:18 PM
        How much wood is left that is not charred ? I like Fish filter carbon and toasted oak for aging. I tried something NEW with the oak. I put it in a fine mesh bag drop it in the likker for 2 weeks . Take it out let it dry then drop it back in. In 2 weeks out 1 for 6 months . It makes quite a differance.

        mstehelin <mstehelin@...> wrote: I see "old style" charcoal at the store. Not briquets- chunks of tree.
        Is this acceptable for ageing Burbon?