Re: Johan's plastic spiral still

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
      You can find details in my book which is also available at Harry's
      site http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/Listings2.htm#Books%
      20Listings

      An improved control software can be found at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Distillers/files/Random9988/

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ian@...> wrote:

      > I'm all excited..
      >
      > There is a computer program you can connect too some hardware that
      will control power?

      > Ive dug all threw the files section with out any luck? can someone
      point me a little closer!?

      > Thanks!!
      >
      > Ian,

      7/3/2006

    • Gord Day
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
        can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just can,t
        find any stainless here..thanx
        Gord
      • suitcase1499
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Gord Day" <temagami@...> wrote:

          > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just
          can,t
          > find any stainless here..thanx
          > Gord

          I used one for along time it was a turkey fryer pot made of aluminum.
          You have to clean and dry it real good when your done. Some folks say
          don't use it at all but mine did fine till I could get a SS Boiler.

          Suitcase
        • sonum norbu
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
            Welcome back suit. Did Suitcase jr leave any booze for you? blanikdog

            > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of
            stainless.Just
            can,t
            > find any stainless here..thanx
            > Gord

            I used one for along time it was a turkey fryer pot made of aluminum.
            You have to clean and dry it real good when your done. Some folks say
            don't use it at all but mine did fine till I could get a SS Boiler.

            Suitcase

            NORMALITY IS NOTHING TO ASPIRE TOWARDS!!!

            My SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
            http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
              In a message dated 7/4/2006 8:01:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              blanik@... writes:

              Welcome back suit. Did Suitcase jr leave any booze for you? blanikdog

              He left me a little and about 10 gallons of wine thats working off right
              now. I hope it's good. LOL

              Suitcase

            • johnwisbey@libero.it
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
                TRy to find an olive oil container, about 50 lts. they are in stainless>

                > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just can,t
                > find any stainless here..thanx
                > Gord

                John Wisbey
                Tel: ( 0039) 0173529505
                Fax: (0039) 0173 529942
                Mobile: (0039) 338 2422895
                e-mail: johnwisbey@...

                www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com www.nicltd.co.uk
              • Dean Thomas
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
                  I think you'll find that all beer kegs are Stainless or at least they
                  are in Australia. If it Ain't Stainless it must be pretty old.

                  Dean

                  Gord Day wrote:

                  > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just
                  > can,t
                  > find any stainless here..thanx
                  > Gord

                • Larry
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
                    At 07:43 AM 07/05/2006, you wrote:

                    >I think you'll find that all beer kegs are Stainless or at least they
                    >are in Australia. If it Ain't Stainless it must be pretty old.

                    Same thing in the USA.

                    The only aluminum kegs I've seen have seemed to be pretty old ones, though
                    they ARE around. Have a look at www.ebay.com.

                    Aluminum kegs come up very rarely, though I found two of them among about
                    40 that I saw during the two months I spent keeping a close eye on it.