Re: Johan's plastic spiral still

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 3, 2006
      The document is available at Harry's alcohol library. I recommend you
      build it with column and if possible use solidstate relay + computer to
      adjust power for best accuracy. The software is available at files
      section of distillers group.

      - Riku

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "lbsx" <lbsx@...> wrote:

      > I am looking to build an inexpensive apparatus to get me started in
      the
      > distilling hobby. In the distillers group a few years ago there was
      > some discussion about a improved plastic spiral still posted by
      member
      > Johan. I have tried searching but can't find the plans for this
      > improved still , nor do I know if there have been modifications to
      the
      > design since then. I would appreciate it if anyone has the PDF
      created
      > by Johan for this still to please post. If you have any other
      > suggestions for a simple, inexpensive design I would appreciate it
      > greatly.

    • Ian
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 3, 2006
        I'm all excited..

        There is a computer program you can connect too some hardware that will control power?

        Ive dug all threw the files section with out any luck? can someone point me a little closer!?

        Thanks!!

        Ian,

        The document is available at Harry's alcohol library. I recommend you
        build it with column and if possible use solidstate relay + computer to
        adjust power for best accuracy. The software is available at files
        section of distillers group.

        - Riku

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "lbsx" <lbsx@...> wrote:

        > I am looking to build an inexpensive apparatus to get me started in
        the
        > distilling hobby. In the distillers group a few years ago there was
        > some discussion about a improved plastic spiral still posted by
        member
        > Johan. I have tried searching but can't find the plans for this
        > improved still , nor do I know if there have been modifications to
        the
        > design since then. I would appreciate it if anyone has the PDF
        created
        > by Johan for this still to please post. If you have any other
        > suggestions for a simple, inexpensive design I would appreciate it
        > greatly.

      • abbababbaccc
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
          You can find details in my book which is also available at Harry's
          site http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/Listings2.htm#Books%
          20Listings

          An improved control software can be found at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Distillers/files/Random9988/

          Cheers, Riku

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ian@...> wrote:

          > I'm all excited..
          >
          > There is a computer program you can connect too some hardware that
          will control power?

          > Ive dug all threw the files section with out any luck? can someone
          point me a little closer!?

          > Thanks!!
          >
          > Ian,

          7/3/2006

        • Gord Day
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
            can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just can,t
            find any stainless here..thanx
            Gord
          • suitcase1499
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Gord Day" <temagami@...> wrote:

              > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just
              can,t
              > find any stainless here..thanx
              > Gord

              I used one for along time it was a turkey fryer pot made of aluminum.
              You have to clean and dry it real good when your done. Some folks say
              don't use it at all but mine did fine till I could get a SS Boiler.

              Suitcase
            • sonum norbu
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
                Welcome back suit. Did Suitcase jr leave any booze for you? blanikdog

                > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of
                stainless.Just
                can,t
                > find any stainless here..thanx
                > Gord

                I used one for along time it was a turkey fryer pot made of aluminum.
                You have to clean and dry it real good when your done. Some folks say
                don't use it at all but mine did fine till I could get a SS Boiler.

                Suitcase

                NORMALITY IS NOTHING TO ASPIRE TOWARDS!!!

                My SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
                http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
                  In a message dated 7/4/2006 8:01:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  blanik@... writes:

                  Welcome back suit. Did Suitcase jr leave any booze for you? blanikdog

                  He left me a little and about 10 gallons of wine thats working off right
                  now. I hope it's good. LOL

                  Suitcase

                • johnwisbey@libero.it
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
                    TRy to find an olive oil container, about 50 lts. they are in stainless>

                    > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just can,t
                    > find any stainless here..thanx
                    > Gord

                    John Wisbey
                    Tel: ( 0039) 0173529505
                    Fax: (0039) 0173 529942
                    Mobile: (0039) 338 2422895
                    e-mail: johnwisbey@...

                    www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com www.nicltd.co.uk
                  • Dean Thomas
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
                      I think you'll find that all beer kegs are Stainless or at least they
                      are in Australia. If it Ain't Stainless it must be pretty old.

                      Dean

                      Gord Day wrote:

                      > can I use an aluminum beer keg for a boiler instaed of stainless.Just
                      > can,t
                      > find any stainless here..thanx
                      > Gord

                    • Larry
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 5, 2006
                        At 07:43 AM 07/05/2006, you wrote:

                        >I think you'll find that all beer kegs are Stainless or at least they
                        >are in Australia. If it Ain't Stainless it must be pretty old.

                        Same thing in the USA.

                        The only aluminum kegs I've seen have seemed to be pretty old ones, though
                        they ARE around. Have a look at www.ebay.com.

                        Aluminum kegs come up very rarely, though I found two of them among about
                        40 that I saw during the two months I spent keeping a close eye on it.