Re: 100mm column. Ideal length?

  • Lindsay Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3 4:06 AM
      Wow, jumping to a 100mm column is really brave! I agree with Phil - go
      with a 50mm column. You REALLY have to know what you are doing to go
      with 100mm. It could be a pretty lonely space to be in as this is
      commercial rather than hobby size.

      A 50mm column can produce 95%+ right through the run so I don't think
      you would be disappointed.

      Cheers,
      Lindsay.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ian@...> wrote:

      > Gidday,
      >
      > Is there a formula or calculator that can tell me the ideal length
      of a 100mm column to be used in a reflux scenario? I was thinking
      around 1300mm. but i'm just stabing in the dark..

      > I'm picking it up tomorrow and can hopefully get the guys too chop
      it too the desired length!,

      > Also how long should the condensing pipe be? You can never go too
      big with this?

      > Cheers
      >
      > Ian,

    • Ian
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3 1:19 PM
        aww.. Ok i get the idea.. Ill just put my flanges asisde for another day!
        Thanks again