Re: New member! Greatings!!. "brand name" still mod Question

  • kirtgk
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 26, 2006
      my crock in the cellar is roughly the same sive as a five gallon
      fermentor and there is a sump pump in it so ill guesse it to be five
      gallons.(err on the side of caution of course) while runnine a five
      gallon wash and taking three hours to be sdone i used 7 cycles of
      the crock. thats 35 gallons of water for reflux and product
      condensing. sounds like alot but it comes from the tap at a
      consistent temp and i only had to adjust flow twice.(once to
      equalize and once to stay at my target temp) product came off at 93%
      and is crystal clear and very littel smell if any. (minus foreshots,
      heads and trails) hearts are very acceptable and ill add them to my
      personal stash and save the slightly less quality for the chaps who
      come over and wish to drink for free or at least a donation to the
      project

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ian@...> wrote:

      > awesom :) thanks. that would be great!!.. I think if i keep going
      at the rate i am, (3 fermenters,) ill have too start recycling the
      water.. Ive got an old 44gal plastic drum..

      > How do your power bills cope? big diffrence? :) my girlfriend
      will kill me when they change from $100 too $500

      And
      > > its a great hobby/addiction to keep me busy when I have the
      quiet
      > > times!. But I think will have some impact of what still too
      > choose
      > > too build, I need something I can walk away for 20min at a
      time,
      > > And importantly something that doesn't chug too much water,
      (water
      > > restrictions in qld) I may have too rig up a plastic 44gal
      drum
      > and
      > > a submersible pump, Also power consumption is a factor i'd
      rather
      > > not ignore..
      > > >
      > > > Another thing I would like too do is (being a computer geek)
      rig
      > > up temp sensors that get re-layed too my pc, Maybe an
      automotive
      > > water temp sender
      > > >
      > > > Thanks again!!.. I'm upto my eyeballs in information and
      loving
      > > it!!!!!!

      credit :) :) ).

      Date: