Re: Salt in coil (William was right)

  • William Hutchins
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 26, 2006
      Just want to make clear that 100 psi is not necessary. It's not the
      water or the pressure that does the trick, its the combination. The
      water dissolves the salt, but it can't do that until it comes in
      contact with it. So the pressure is necessary to force the water all
      the way through, and past the air locks the loops create.

      It doesn't take much pressure to do the trick, but it has to be
      maintained for a while since the water moves through the
      packed salt quite slowly. Normal water system pressure, 20-40
      psi, is fine.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morayman98"