Re: Fermenting question

  • CJackson_98
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 21, 2006
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

      > >Now that I am back home I can't get the turbo yeast
      >
      > Where is home??? Do you come from a country with no Postal
      Service?
      Larry & Suitcase,

      Let's just say that money is no object, but the plastic is. Plus if I'm
      going to do this for myself, I have to make use of local materials. The
      yeast and nutrients are the big ones now that I am experminting with.

      To put things in perspective in relation to the pricing that you quoted,
      my sugar cost me 16 baht a kilo, the yeast that I'm using now or that I
      used on the last batch which seems better than what I'm using now cost
      16 baht for 16 grams. With the baht at 37 to 1 usd I'm not paying much
      for a wash, so I would like to add vitiams, orange juice, etc to get things
      to work. Most of my ferminting temps are going to be above 30c. I
      would like to get a batch off in 10 days or less. Right now I'm just
      experminting and passing along anything that I have learned. Thanks to
      all who have responded, but I'm trying to use local products as they are
      cheap.