Re: Still Operation

  • Cary Rhodes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2006
      Derek

      I make a stab at it.

      Let's experiment a bit.

      place a boiler of water on the eye of a standard stove.

      On low to medium setting it will boil. A thermometer in the water
      will read 100 deg C.

      As long as the water is boiling the temp will always be 100 deg C at
      sea level (but let's not get into that right now). Even if the power
      is turned back to low or up to high the water will still boil and be
      100 degC.

      Now it will disappear or gas off faster on high because you are
      creating more steam thru more power input but the temp will always
      be the same.

      That's for the temp issue.

      As to the percentage purity. The faster you stir the gas molecules
      around in the pot or column the more undesirables get caught in the
      fray and get into the condensation phase.

      cook the pot slowly for the best results. both beans and alcohol.

      cary

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Derek Hamlet
      <derekhamlet@...> wrote:

      > I'm just finishing off my latest run and for some reason my still
      is
      > behaving differently on this run.
      > Usually I have my variac set at around 82% for the majority of the
      > run with water provided by a pond pump forcing water through a
      Harry