Re: pda-1

  • mwmccaw
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
      The PDA-1 is designed to produce about 350 ml/hour of 95% at 750W
      (from a stripped wash), using 18-20 liters of cooling water per hour
      to do the job. Cooling water entering at about 20 deg C will exit at
      55-60 deg C.

      Speaking to the coils, we chose 3/16" tubing for several reasons, but
      the primary one is that it allows the coil to be MUCH more efficient
      in use of cooling water than larger bore tubing. It is precisely
      because of the back pressure that high efficiency is gained - it is
      possible to throttle the flow down to rates that allow maximum heat
      extraction with minimum water use.

      We have stated publicly that any legitimate purchaser of the PDA who
      wishes to use it on a low-pressure re-circulating system may request a
      coil made with larger bore tubing at the time of purchase, or request
      an exchange of the existing, undamaged cooling coil for the larger
      bore model. All that person has to do is contact us.

      The large-bore tubing condenser coil is longer and heavier than the
      original equipment, but it will allow significant flow at very low
      pressures. I would not recommend using it with municipal water
      supply, because it will use a lot more water than the standard coil.

      Mike McCaw