Re: [new_distillers] Re: Ruta Graveolens

  • Bob Malloy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2006
      you might also be careful handling the rue...I had some in a bed some years ago and the research I did said handling it could make you photosensitive...(increases effect of sun on your skin. ) Unfortunately, I read that after I pulled it all from the bed. Got a good tan on my hands and face that day, along with blisters....
      If you are susceptible to those types of things you might be careful.....
      bob
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2006
        Thanks for the comments folks. I suppose I will have to try it now.
        :) Wonder what it would be like in a sugar/carbon filter batch. I'll
        let you all know...blanikdog

        I thought exactly the same as you. However, it is quite interesting.
        Kinda zingy/spicy with a mild rue smell. It's drunk as a digestif.
        Ask
        miciofelice for the recipe, I know he makes it!
        Cheers
        Rob.

        --- sonum norbu <blanik@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone heard of using "ruta graveolens" (rue) as an infusion
        for
        > spirit. An old italian bloke told me about using it in Italy but
        the
        > smell of rue sorta turns me right orf!!! Blanikdog

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        Food and drink Culture club Organizational culture
        Organizational culture change Organizational culture assessment

        Service.

        NORMALITY IS NOTHING TO ASPIRE TOWARDS!!!

        My SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
        http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

      • Jan Wouter
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 7, 2006
          I know. I've had some mean blisters on my hands to. Nowadays I handle the
          stuf with more care.
          Jan Wouter

          2006/6/2, Bob Malloy <bobmalloy@...>:

          > you might also be careful handling the rue...I had some in a bed some
          > years ago and the research I did said handling it could make you
          > photosensitive...(increases effect of sun on your skin. ) Unfortunately, I
          > read that after I pulled it all from the bed. Got a good tan on my hands
          > and face that day, along with blisters....
          > If you are susceptible to those types of things you might be careful.....
          > bob

        • Robert Thomas
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 7, 2006
            It really bad for me! God knows what it does to my insides. What I'd
            like to know though, is why bob has it in his bed? Apparently it is a
            vermifuge. You got bugs, bob?
            grinning,
            Rob.

            --- Jan Wouter <janwouter.mailgroups@...> wrote:

            > I know. I've had some mean blisters on my hands to. Nowadays I handle
            > the
            > stuf with more care.
            > Jan Wouter
            >
            > 2006/6/2, Bob Malloy <bobmalloy@...>:
            > >
            > > you might also be careful handling the rue...I had some in a bed
            > some
            > > years ago and the research I did said handling it could make you
            > > photosensitive...(increases effect of sun on your skin. )
            > Unfortunately, I
            > > read that after I pulled it all from the bed. Got a good tan on my
            > hands
            > > and face that day, along with blisters....
            > > If you are susceptible to those types of things you might be
            > careful.....
            > > bob

            Cheers,
            Rob.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Bob Malloy
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 7, 2006
              WOW!
              I had to read it 2x to catch what you said...
              Wrong bed, but IIRC that WAS why I planted it to begin with....bug repellent properties...planted it in a FLOWER bed around a patio/pool area. Wasn't crazy about the looks and didn't seem to do what I thought it would do. Maybe next time I'll try it in the OTHER bed...but I don' think I'll be drinking it anytime soon.

              bob
              It really bad for me! God knows what it does to my insides. What I'd
              like to know though, is why bob has it in his bed? Apparently it is a
              vermifuge. You got bugs, bob?
              grinning,
              Rob.

              --- Jan Wouter <janwouter.mailgroups@...> wrote:

              > I know. I've had some mean blisters on my hands to. Nowadays I handle
              > the
              > stuf with more care.
              > Jan Wouter
              >
              > 2006/6/2, Bob Malloy <bobmalloy@...>:
              > >
              > > you might also be careful handling the rue...I had some in a bed
              > some
              > > years ago and the research I did said handling it could make you
              > > photosensitive...(increases effect of sun on your skin. )
              > Unfortunately, I
              > > read that after I pulled it all from the bed. Got a good tan on my
              > hands
              > > and face that day, along with blisters....
              > > If you are susceptible to those types of things you might be
              > careful.....
              > > bob

              Cheers,
              Rob.