About this "amazing still"

  • limbbizketfreak
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      anyone done this?
      http://www.brewhaus.com/AmazingStill-Instructions.pdf warning pdf
      link. does it work fine? 35- 50 percent alchool is fine with me but
      just wanted to make sure it was safe. Anyone with personal expereince?
    • Ian Kent
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi,

        I bought one before I saw the 'light'.
        With a lot of patience you will get 35-40 percent but it's bloody rough
        stuff.
        Also takes a lot of filtering to try to clean it up.

        IMHO give it a miss and use you time to concentrate on reflux or potstill.

        Ian...

        On 6/2/06, limbbizketfreak <limbbizketfreak@...> wrote:

        > anyone done this?
        > http://www.brewhaus.com/AmazingStill-Instructions.pdf warning pdf
        > link. does it work fine? 35- 50 percent alchool is fine with me but
        > just wanted to make sure it was safe. Anyone with personal expereince?

      • abbababbaccc
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          You can tune it to give you 70% stuff, but it's no match to a real
          reflux still. It's very usefull as a slow stripper and people have
          even used it as a potstill for brandies and whiskies. Hundreds have
          been built and no safety issues have been reported.

          - Riku

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Kent" <kegscruiser@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I bought one before I saw the 'light'.
          > With a lot of patience you will get 35-40 percent but it's bloody
          rough
          > stuff.
          > Also takes a lot of filtering to try to clean it up.
          >
          > IMHO give it a miss and use you time to concentrate on reflux or
          potstill.

          > Ian...
          >

          > On 6/2/06, limbbizketfreak <limbbizketfreak@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > anyone done this?
          > > http://www.brewhaus.com/AmazingStill-Instructions.pdf warning pdf
          > > link. does it work fine? 35- 50 percent alchool is fine with me
          but
          > > just wanted to make sure it was safe. Anyone with personal
          expereince?

        • Jan Wouter
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            The draw back of the amazing still is that you get no seperations between
            the head, body and tails. That influences your product in a bad way.
            Building a still is not really difficult ( If you are a bit of a handy man),
            so I suggest to go for that.

            Jan Wouter

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
              You can add a drain with vaporlock to the bottom of the big bucket.

              - Riku

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Wouter"

            • jmsmckenna@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
                i built one before i built my big still an it tasted perfectly fine no
                problems