Gasket material and O rings.

  • thompsonhelp
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      I am looking to seal the holes from the copper tubes at the top of my
      condensor and the hole in the top of the column from the thermostat.
      Also maybe to create a gasket.
      I heard on the sites you can use silicon. What type - is it the caulk
      you buy at home depot that is 100% silicon? It doesnt say it is food
      grade or resistable to solvents.
      I found Permaseal, but it is for automobile gaskets and I'm not sure
      it too is food grade or solvent resistant.
      Let me know where i can get some as it would help - i also want to
      create a gasket for the connections and this might work.
      Oh..last question..are O rings ok to use in the column? The regular
      black ones you find at the hardware store?
    • jmsmckenna@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2006
        the best thing i found to use for gaskets is aquarium silicone,easy to ues
        and not very expensive and its safe to use in a still