Re: puredistilling unit

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "niboraus" <niboraus@...> wrote:

      > hi anyone have experience with the unit made by
      > http://www.puredistilling.com/oldsite/index.php
      >
      > how does this compare with the PDA-1 unit??
      >

      > any help would be appreciated
      >

      > regards
      >

      > niboraus

      Hi Robin,
      That unit looks suspiciously like the design developed in these
      groups. ;-) With one exception. It has a 2200w jug element and no
      controller.
      There is no comparison. The unit you mention has far too much power
      input to achieve proper separation. Vapour speed is way too high. It
      will produce high strength product, but not clean. More like fuel
      grade. I don't care what he claims on his site, unless he's Albert
      Einstein, he can't defeat physics. A rig of that design and
      dimensions will only handle around 1400w input max for the product run
      (1000 would be ideal). There's a simple way to modify it that
      requires a triac controller. Search the archives for sutronics or
      burst-fire.

    • tim smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi
        Im not sure about the puredistilling unit...It doesn`t
        give much info on the site.It has a very small boiler
        tho.I have a pda-1, and it is very efficient.You don`t
        get a boiler with the pda-1,but you get their copper
        packing,dig. thermometer,hoses,and a carry case for
        about 345.00 US,and it will give 95% spirit

        --- niboraus <niboraus@...> wrote:

        > hi anyone have experience with the unit made by
        > http://www.puredistilling.com/oldsite/index.php
        >
        > how does this compare with the PDA-1 unit??
        >

        > any help would be appreciated
        >

        > regards
        >

        > niboraus

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • niboraus
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2006
          hi,

          could you please indicate how many mls of 95% the PDA-1 is capable of
          producing per hour??

          thanks

          robin

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, tim smith <tim_smitho21@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > Im not sure about the puredistilling unit...It doesn`t
          > give much info on the site.It has a very small boiler
          > tho.I have a pda-1, and it is very efficient.You don`t
          > get a boiler with the pda-1,but you get their copper
          > packing,dig. thermometer,hoses,and a carry case for
          > about 345.00 US,and it will give 95% spirit
          >
          > --- niboraus <niboraus@...> wrote:
          >
          > > hi anyone have experience with the unit made by
          > > http://www.puredistilling.com/oldsite/index.php
          > >
          > > how does this compare with the PDA-1 unit??
          > >

          > > any help would be appreciated
          > >

          > > regards
          > >

          > > niboraus

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • William Hutchins
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2006
            Looks like a Bokabob mini clone. And the claims made for it - a bottle in 15 minutes -
            seem extreme for such a small unit though it is hard to evaluate it without more info than
            they give.