puredistilling unit

  • niboraus
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
      hi anyone have experience with the unit made by
      http://www.puredistilling.com/oldsite/index.php

      how does this compare with the PDA-1 unit??

      any help would be appreciated

      regards

      niboraus
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "niboraus" <niboraus@...> wrote:

        > hi anyone have experience with the unit made by
        > http://www.puredistilling.com/oldsite/index.php
        >
        > how does this compare with the PDA-1 unit??
        >

        > any help would be appreciated
        >

        > regards
        >

        > niboraus

        Hi Robin,
        That unit looks suspiciously like the design developed in these
        groups. ;-) With one exception. It has a 2200w jug element and no
        controller.
        There is no comparison. The unit you mention has far too much power
        input to achieve proper separation. Vapour speed is way too high. It
        will produce high strength product, but not clean. More like fuel
        grade. I don't care what he claims on his site, unless he's Albert
        Einstein, he can't defeat physics. A rig of that design and
        dimensions will only handle around 1400w input max for the product run
        (1000 would be ideal). There's a simple way to modify it that
        requires a triac controller. Search the archives for sutronics or
        burst-fire.

      • tim smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
          Hi
          Im not sure about the puredistilling unit...It doesn`t
          give much info on the site.It has a very small boiler
          tho.I have a pda-1, and it is very efficient.You don`t
          get a boiler with the pda-1,but you get their copper
          packing,dig. thermometer,hoses,and a carry case for
          about 345.00 US,and it will give 95% spirit

          --- niboraus <niboraus@...> wrote:

          > hi anyone have experience with the unit made by
          > http://www.puredistilling.com/oldsite/index.php
          >
          > how does this compare with the PDA-1 unit??
          >

          > any help would be appreciated
          >

          > regards
          >

          > niboraus

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • niboraus
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2006
            hi,

            could you please indicate how many mls of 95% the PDA-1 is capable of
            producing per hour??

            thanks

            robin

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, tim smith <tim_smitho21@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            > Im not sure about the puredistilling unit...It doesn`t
            > give much info on the site.It has a very small boiler
            > tho.I have a pda-1, and it is very efficient.You don`t
            > get a boiler with the pda-1,but you get their copper
            > packing,dig. thermometer,hoses,and a carry case for
            > about 345.00 US,and it will give 95% spirit
            >
            > --- niboraus <niboraus@...> wrote:
            >
            > > hi anyone have experience with the unit made by
            > > http://www.puredistilling.com/oldsite/index.php
            > >
            > > how does this compare with the PDA-1 unit??
            > >

            > > any help would be appreciated
            > >

            > > regards
            > >

            > > niboraus

            > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • William Hutchins
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2006
              Looks like a Bokabob mini clone. And the claims made for it - a bottle in 15 minutes -
              seem extreme for such a small unit though it is hard to evaluate it without more info than
              they give.