Subject: Re: All Grain mash 25 liter

  • gff_stwrt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2006
      >Actually Rob' response and Riku's rejoinder re separation of ...(etc.)
      might lead to a possibility:
      given a large room and an electric still (ideally a quite small
      one) operated with great care and attention to safety, could one
      increase, a little, the atmospheric pressure IN THE ROOM ?!!
      The Baker
      and Richard2005 wrote Absolutely. Just move to the Salton Sea.

      >Actually it could be useful for separating ethyl acetate from
      ethanol. Anyone know how their boiling point difference goes when
      pressure increases?
      - Riku
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas
      <whosbrewing@...> wrote:
      >> I could go on (suggesting I seal up the column to increase pressure)
      > but that might start getting dangerous for the humour-impaired!
      > cheers
      > Rob.
      > --- abbababbaccc <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:
      >> > By altering the environmental atmospheric pressure of course, bet
      > > you didn't think of that ;)
      > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas wrote>
      > > > Riku, can you let me know how best to control the boiling point
      of ethanol? ;)- Rob

      Sorry, that might be a bit mixed up but I hope all the posts can be
      followed so that the development of the idea can be seen.
      Thanks Richard 2005 for the suggestion about the Salton Sea but I was
      thinking of something that would be less of a hassle. Something that
      could be of use to hobby distillers. The thought of increasing the
      pressure in a room was more about the principle than the
      practicalities but was quite serious . I have thought more about it
      and will start a new thread in the distillers group ('new idea')
      because it is not just about the basics of distilling. However I think
      the working out of the practical side of it will be simple,
      inexpensive, and applicable to more than one aspect of our hobby.
      Someone else has probably done it but I haven't seen it in any of the
      new distillers past messages- and I have read them all- or anywhere
      else. The Baker p.s. now I can't see the top of the message on the
      screen, I hope Yahoo hasn't swallowed it up!