Re: Dillution for oaking...

  • Cary Rhodes
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2006
      I drop the oak chunks into 40 - 45 %. 3 or 4 months later I filter
      thru a coffee filter.

      the oak chunks are about the size of your thumb, charred with a
      handheld torch.

      2 or 3 pieces per litre jar.

      makes fine product.

      cary r

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <bundy_rum98@...> wrote:

      > Mike, I will try and explain why I do nice and short...
      >
      > I soak all the rum I make on oak. I cut my spirit to 40%, flavour
      it then oak it. Then when it comes out it's ready to drink. I
      > have no idea if this is how it's meant to be done or if there is a
      better way but I love the results I get.