Re: [new_distillers] Re: Mini Still, cooling coil for a 2 inch dia, column.

  • _{*L*}_
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
      Marc, if you solder the top plate to the coil there are some advantages:
      - no need for another slit cut in the column
      - easier to solder outside then inside
      - easier to maintain both the top and the bottom plates
      The only drawback, no not the drawback but inconvenience, I see is that the coil must be properly oriented. However when the coil is wrapped with the copper gauze it sits inside the pipe really tightly. Have fun, Marc... Regards, Alex aka BOKAKOB

      _{*L*}_
      Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate
      http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob