Re: [new_distillers] How Much Packing??

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2006
      Rachig (sp?) rings aren't that good on our scale. that said, you want
      your column as full as packing as you can get it to within a small
      distance from the takeoff point. In terms of density of packing, if you
      can blow though it it's ok.
      I'd throw the rachig rings and get a copper/stst scrubber or 5 to fill
      the gap (below or above).
      Cheers
      Rob.

      --- _{*L*}_ <bokakob@...> wrote:

      > I would recommend filling all of the column leaving only 3/4" to 1"
      > just below the reflux liquid return point.
      >
      > sl2nv <sl2nv@...> wrote: I just got a 31'' Reflux but, don't
      > know how much packing to use. I
      > have copper packing and racing rings. I rolled up two pieces of
      > copper
      > that are 5'' wide and 1' long. Will that be enough? I also have no
      > idea
      > how many racing rings to put on top of that. will 2-3 hand fulls be
      > enough? *** Thanks for any help...
      > Ryan
      >
      > _{*L*}_
      > Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate
      > http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

      Cheers,
      Rob.

      http://mail.yahoo.com