Free boiler and heat source?

  • mtnwalker2
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2006
      Hello to everyone,

      I have a plumber friend who replaces 6 or more gas water heaters a
      month, and has to pay fee to get rid of them. Most are simple
      problems, like bad pop off valve, just needing a plug, thermostat,
      which would be disconnected anyway, a burner that needs cleaning, or a
      newly purchased home, and the people are afraid of gas and convert to
      electrical. A 30 to 50 gal. insulated boiler with heat setup, and
      inconspicious when not running, and an exhaust pipe out the window for
      inside use.
      He's more than glad to get rid of them.

      Since they seem so suitable, my question is if there are any problems
      unknown to me? Certainly seems to be easier, and much more efficient
      than electrical, and so much cheaper energy.

      Anyone out there using these?

      Appreciatively, mtnwalker