RE: [new_distillers] new to the board

  • colt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2000
      thank you for the info, very helpful. i took your
      advice and ordered the on-line book for Strand, also
      very helpful. i have not been able to fined "yeast
      nutrients" locally. what, in your opinion, can i use
      ,"from the store". potatos, apples, oranges, etc.? is
      one better then another? also read a can of tomato
      paste is good to add also. as long as the yeast has
      something to live on, should work, right? i'm
      thinking, maybe wrong(won't be the first time)a
      combination of a couple differant friuts and veggies
      will give the yeast a larger menu to live off of.
      sound right? thanks again for the info, brian
      --- Tony & Elle Ackland

      http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/image/labmaster_still.gif
      > for a
      > photo of it(its a labmaster still, but the same
      > principle applies)
      >
      > The reason for this is that you want to ensure that
      > ALL the vapour coming
      > out the condensor is condensed. Having the coldest
      > contact at the outlet
      > of the condensor gives the best chance of this
      > happening.
      >
      > If you want some instructions that are specific to
      > your still, see the Home
      > Distilling Handbook
      > http://partyman.se/Engelsk/default.htm from Gert
      > Strand (Partyman) for US$5. The Labmaster & Desti
      > stills are much the same
      > thing.
      >
      > Best of sucess with your still.
      >

      > Tony
      > http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Katherine Cronin
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 24, 2000
        Hey Brian
        I use molasses as a nutrient. It works very well and the colour comes out
        when you distil.
        Cheers,
        Katherine

        http://profiles.msn.com