Ian Smiley's " pure corn whiskey" book

  • serv_first
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2006
      Hi Guys...
      This is a great book! I must have read it cover to cover couple dozen
      times. I have always had doubts if i have been making the "cuts" at
      the proper times. Yesterday, i decided to follow his spread sheet
      which shows exactly when to make the cuts. His sheet shows the
      starting volume @100% abv, still head temp, time, amount
      collected,etc. There is a column in his spread sheet
      called "correction to 100% alcohol" The numbers he shows do add up
      but, i dont know how he got to those numbers. There must be
      calculation to figure this " correction " or difference between how
      much has been collected and how much 100% alcohol remains in the
      still. Does anyone know this formula or alternate ways to calculate
      the cuts? Thank you all sooooo much. Greg