RE: [new_distillers] poteen recipe

  • Kieran Devaney
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2000
      RE: [new_distillers] poteen recipe

      Thanks Maurice.

      I'll keep you posted.

      Kieran

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   maurice161gbr@... [SMTP:maurice161gbr@...]
        Sent:   Sunday, September 03, 2000 4:28 PM
        To:     new_distillers@egroups.com
        Subject:        [new_distillers] poteen recipe

        Are most of your best recipes scribbled on index cards?
        Use Meals.com to organize your collection.
        Free recipes and cooking tips at
        http://click.egroups.com/1/9011/16/_/834209/_/967994890/

        heres one kieran..this is a recipe from county fermanagh.....7lb of
        bakers yeast.......3 stone of brown sugar..........4lb of
        treacle......1lb of hops...steep ingredients in 3 gallons of lukewarm
        water at the bottom of a 40 gallon barrel after steeping fill barrel
        to three quarter full with cold spring water leave in a cool place to
        settle..after several weeks transfer to your still..this was taken
        from a book called ; in praise of poteen. ive never tried it myself.
        let me know how it turns out..maurice