Fermentation and distilation of sugar products

  • combfood
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
      I am a distributor of confectionery, that gets out of date and is
      unsaleable through having passed it best before and use by dates.
      Even slightly mouldy. It might be boiled lollies stuck together or
      chewy fruit candy. or melted lolly pops. It would have all the
      ingredients in it that make a confectionery. ie Colouring, gums, etc
      As it is high in sugar or glucose or fruit sugars content i wish to
      investigate the possibility of it being converted to a rough alcohol.
      (Not for drinking)But being 95% pure. I do not have any gear at all
      for this endevour so am enlisting anyones ideas or help for the total
      package. This means i want to know what type of vestle i could use for
      fermentation. For distilation and the recipe.
      Can you lead me to any unique web sites that might have the answer?
      I look forward to hearing from anyone. Regards Arthur Wall
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "combfood" <combfood@...>
        wrote:

        > I am a distributor of confectionery, that gets out of date and is
        > unsaleable through having passed it best before and use by dates.
        > Even slightly mouldy. It might be boiled lollies stuck together or
        > chewy fruit candy. or melted lolly pops. It would have all the
        > ingredients in it that make a confectionery. ie Colouring, gums,
        etc
        > As it is high in sugar or glucose or fruit sugars content i wish
        > investigate the possibility of it being converted to a rough
        alcohol.
        > (Not for drinking)But being 95% pure. I do not have any gear at
        all
        > for this endevour so am enlisting anyones ideas or help for the
        total
        > package. This means i want to know what type of vestle i could use
        for
        > fermentation. For distilation and the recipe.
        > Can you lead me to any unique web sites that might have the answer?
        > I look forward to hearing from anyone. Regards Arthur Wall

        Hi Arthur,
        Fuels aren't really our field but there are many similarities, so
        here goes...

        Liquefy and dilute with hot water to the desired Specific Gravity.
        Let cool, add nutrients and yeast. Ferment to dry. Distill.

        Sounds simple (eventually it is), but for most of your needs this
        site will start you off.
        http://homedistiller.org/static_menu.htm

        When you've got your mind around all that, try the fuel sites...
        http://www.biofuelsenergycorp.com
        http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol.html

        HTH