Re: [new_distillers] Got a single malt recipe?

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
      May I ask how you screwed up the mash. Or is it too painful to relive.LoL. Bad mash can be a letdown.If I get time Ill tell some of my conncoctions.

      cellsitegod2003 <cellsitegod@...> wrote: Anybody out there got a "Tried and True" single malt mash recipe from
      start to finish?
      I'm looking to make some single malt scotch.
      I've had a couple of screwed up mashes.
      So, I 'm looking for a good successful recipe with ALL the info from
      start to finish.
      ie: Temps, measurements, brands, duration, ect.
      Thanks,

      Home distilling Culture Culture club Organizational culture Distillers

    • donald holcombe
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        If you look on the web site there are links to recipes some I checked are quite good. I you cantfind or decide on one give me a shout in a couple of days Ill send one . I found studying beer techniques helps. Use 20% or more malted grain and dont get the grain above 150F or you will kill the enzymes.later.

        cellsitegod2003 <cellsitegod@...> wrote: Anybody out there got a "Tried and True" single malt mash recipe from
        start to finish?
        I'm looking to make some single malt scotch.
        I've had a couple of screwed up mashes.
        So, I 'm looking for a good successful recipe with ALL the info from
        start to finish.
        ie: Temps, measurements, brands, duration, ect.
        Thanks,

        Home distilling Culture Culture club Organizational culture Distillers

      • duds2u
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
          Donald
          Have a look at the Distillers site and do a search on Glenmorangie.
          Harry has a couple of posts there that will give you a pretty good
          start
          Cheers
          Mal T
        • duds2u