Re: rubber stopper

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "enibnikrib" <manson@...> wrote:

      > Hello Harry
      > I have been searching the web for about four hours trying to find a
      > nitrile stopper,I live in the usa can you help me out?
      >
      > thanks Luke

      https://www1.fishersci.com/Coupon?cid=1328&gid=77925

      ...or try a pharmacist/chemist.

    • Gregory Bloom
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2006
        Gum rubber is also alcohol resistant. MileHiDistilling.com sells both ordinary rubber stoppers for your fermenter, and gum rubber stoppers for thermometer probes in stills. See:
        http://milehidistilling.900footalien.com/distillerparts.htm#rubberbung

        enibnikrib <manson@...> wrote:

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...> wrote:

        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "enibnikrib" <manson@i...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello everyone
        > > I was wondering if a food grade rubber stopper would leach into 80
        > > proof alcohol. I want to stop up a 2 inch tube so i can install a
        > > valve to control the flow of my filter unit.
        > >
        > > thanks
        > > Luke
        > >

        > Ordinary rubber will leach & leave a nasty taste. What you want is
        > a nitrile stopper, usually available online at chemlab suppliers.
        >
        > Nitrile: (chemical identification: butadiene acrylonirile, Buna N, -
        > NBR): is a copolymer of Butadiene and Acrylonitrile. Most nitrile
        > compounds have a relatively high acrylo content, making them
        > exceptionally resistant to petroleum-base oils and hydrocarbon fuels
        > over a temperature range of -40F to +250F.
        >

        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry

        Hello Harry
        I have been searching the web for about four hours trying to find a
        nitrile stopper,I live in the usa can you help me out?

        thanks Luke

        ---------------------------------

      • BigRon BigRon
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2006
          http://www.leisure-time.com/apsh.htm
          another good source for stoppers and such
          good prices

          enibnikrib <manson@...> wrote:

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...> wrote:

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "enibnikrib" <manson@i...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello everyone
          > > I was wondering if a food grade rubber stopper would leach into 80
          > > proof alcohol. I want to stop up a 2 inch tube so i can install a
          > > valve to control the flow of my filter unit.
          > >
          > > thanks
          > > Luke
          > >

          > Ordinary rubber will leach & leave a nasty taste. What you want is
          > a nitrile stopper, usually available online at chemlab suppliers.
          >
          > Nitrile: (chemical identification: butadiene acrylonirile, Buna N, -
          > NBR): is a copolymer of Butadiene and Acrylonitrile. Most nitrile
          > compounds have a relatively high acrylo content, making them
          > exceptionally resistant to petroleum-base oils and hydrocarbon fuels
          > over a temperature range of -40F to +250F.
          >

          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

          Hello Harry
          I have been searching the web for about four hours trying to find a
          nitrile stopper,I live in the usa can you help me out?

          thanks Luke

          Home distilling Culture Culture club Organizational culture Distillers