calgon

  • maurice161gbr@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2000
      hello folks,...I once found a recipe for making ethanol using a
      chemical called calgon it was used for softening the water in your
      washing machine.....its chemical name is sodium hexa meta phosphate.I
      think....anyway the wash was very sucessful it fermented rapidly from
      1068sg to 0990 with plenty of activity in the fermenter and stopped
      fairly suddenly,unlike others that would tick on for ages.the spirit
      that was produced tasted healthy and did not give any hangovers
      except for a thirst the next day..anyway it was taken off the market
      here for environmental reasons.i think too much phosphate in the
      rivers there is something else going under the name calgon now..does
      anyone know anything about this chemical..is it safe for beverage
      alcohol?..if so it would be good for thin wash setups as the wash
      cleared well.....maurice.