absinthe herbs

  • daamagome
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2006
      > Are the herbs fresh or dried?
      > The traditional sites seem to imply dried herbs which is more
      > convenient for the commercial distillers.

      dried fornthe distillation, but at least some fresh during the final
      steeping to provide enough extractable chlorophyl to acheive the bright
      green color. It should be noted as well that this step is done till
      the color is as desired, and not for "x" amount of time.

      For what it's worth, I had some of Dale Pendell's absinthe, and it's
      not bright green, only louches OK, but is ~exquisite~ in every other
      regard. I've also had a bright green, excellent louching absinthe that
      had the complexity of flavor of "anise" and "bitter". I'd take the
      former anyday.