Re: [new_distillers] Re: A picture is worth 1K words

  • Sam Thomas
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 24, 2006
      I bought it at a local feed store. Cost a whopping 12 bucks. :)

      Dave <diskmaster23@...> wrote: Where did you get the liquid mollasses?

      Dave

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Sam Thomas <bob_the_borg@y...>
      wrote:

      > As a fellow newbie on here I know I like to see pictures of things
      people talk about. And since I have a nifty camera I thought I would
      share some pictures of some of the processes and things I was doing
      relating to our hobby.

      > This was me charring some oak strips on my old smoky.
      > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Bob_The_Borg/Still/char.jpg
      >
      > This is the messy mollasses transfer from the 5 gallon container to
      a 1 gallon jug.
      > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Bob_The_Borg/Still/mollasses.jpg
      > (The short guy needs to be carded before we let him drink)
      >
      > Here is a 2 pound block of baker's yeast I'm cutting into
      approximate 100 gram slices to make the mollasses & brown sugar wash.
      > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Bob_The_Borg/Still/yeast.jpg
      >
      > And this was 750 ML of 40% vodka with 6 peaches cut up in it. We
      let it sit for 3 weeks and then we strained it and added some sugar
      dissolved in about 8 ounces of warm distilled water. yum!