re heater query..

  • maurice161gbr@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2000
      sorry for the delay in responding to your replies folks.I was in
      bonny scotland for a holiday ..thanks the two davids for your
      answers...its the county dave not the town.the inishowen peninsula to
      be a bit more precise.let me now when your sending the guards so i
      can hide my equipment ha ha.....what size of heating element would be
      suitable for a still of 25lt capacity also the potentiometer where
      would one obtain one as any heater controls i come across work with a
      thermostat and control is poor.i had a setup once where i heated the
      wash to boiling with an electric kettle element then took over with
      the blowlamp for the control the gas gave.i found that the element of
      the heater wore away in no time..would a stainless steel element be
      preferable..did anybody ever try this one when distilling put a
      teaspoonful of ordinary table salt into the wash ..the spirit comes
      over much better..also butter helps as well about two or three ounces
      to 25lt..but it is messy and makes the still a chore to
      clean..........maurice.