Copper Mesh

  • terryvk6pq
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
      Can I purchase copper mesh in Australia?? If not, can I purchase it
      direct from The Amphora Society in New Zealand. If I have to I will
      purchase from the USA but the shipping costs are unknown. Anyone help??
      Can I also purchase a ready made up double condenser coil in Australia
      and how much would it cost??
      Thanks, terryvk6pq
    • Jan Ooms
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
        Hi Terry,
        You can buy it from Mike Nixon in New Zealand and pay for it with an australian cheque.
        You will have to make the double condensor coil yourself, nobody has them forsale locally here.
        Where do you live in Australia?
        Regards,
        Jan.
        Can I purchase copper mesh in Australia?? If not, can I purchase it
        direct from The Amphora Society in New Zealand. If I have to I will
        purchase from the USA but the shipping costs are unknown. Anyone help??
        Can I also purchase a ready made up double condenser coil in Australia
        and how much would it cost??
        Thanks, terryvk6pq

        Organizational culture Culture change Cell culture

      • S E
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
          you can purchace it from amphora, and mike is a real nice guy...makes it a
          real plus.
          .br.

          >From: "terryvk6pq" <terryvk6pq@...>
          >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [new_distillers] Copper Mesh
          >Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:25:42 -0000
          >
          >Can I purchase copper mesh in Australia?? If not, can I purchase it
          >direct from The Amphora Society in New Zealand. If I have to I will
          >purchase from the USA but the shipping costs are unknown. Anyone help??
          >Can I also purchase a ready made up double condenser coil in Australia
          >and how much would it cost??
          >Thanks, terryvk6pq

        • terryvk6pq
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Ooms" <jkooms@y...> wrote:

            > Hi Terry,
            > You can buy it from Mike Nixon in New Zealand and pay for it with an
            australian cheque.
            > You will have to make the double condensor coil yourself, nobody has
            them forsale locally here.
            > Where do you live in Australia?
            > Regards,
            > Jan.

            Thanks Jan, I live in Western Australia. Have you the address or E-
            mail of Mike Nixon in New Zealand. OK on the condenser coil. Should
            not be too difficult. I have all the gear to do it. Thanks.
            Terry vk6pq
          • Jan Ooms
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 8, 2006
              Hi Terry,
              Mike's email address: mike@... He is the best man to talk too, a pom I know, but he knows what he is talking about.
              Best Regards,
              Jan Ooms
              > You can buy it from Mike Nixon in New Zealand and pay for it with an
              australian cheque.
              > You will have to make the double condensor coil yourself, nobody has
              them forsale locally here.
              > Where do you live in Australia?
              > Regards,
              > Jan.

              Thanks Jan, I live in Western Australia. Have you the address or E-
              mail of Mike Nixon in New Zealand. OK on the condenser coil. Should
              not be too difficult. I have all the gear to do it. Thanks.
              Terry vk6pq

              Organizational culture Culture change Cell culture

            • Rob Macrobert
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 14 2:22 PM

                If you are looking for a local supplier of structured copper mesh, try looking for pest control suppliers in your area.

                For example:

                http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NWS001&Product_Code=WCSLM01

                The mesh is sold as a filler for gaps and openings, as well as by garden centers for keeping slugs away from the vegetables.

                Example:

                http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=51241&cat=2,51555&ap=3

                Hopefully this can help someone who doesn't want to wait for mail order.

                Robbie Mac
                Sometime tinkerer and sometimes it even works....

                --
                It's News. It's Reviews. It's Interviews. It's Free. What Are You Waiting For?
                www.movieline.com!
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 12, 2011
                • 1 Attachment
                • 248 KB
                you should be using this stuff, one time purchase.
              • Dave
                Message 8 of 11 , Sep 12, 2011
                  http://tinyurl.com/3octkyz    You can also buy the mesh here
                • sparkie1085
                  Message 9 of 11 , Nov 11, 2011
                    Has anyone used Stuf-fit copper mesh as a column packing? Amazon and Ebay have it in 20 foot rolls and claim it is 100% copper. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this and wether it is pure copper or a copper alloy. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
                  • Jan Ooms
                    Message 10 of 11 , Nov 11, 2011
                      Hi Sparkie,
                      Look up "The Amphora Society" and order your copper mesh from them. They are members of this forum and I have purchased mesh from them before.
                      100% satisfaction.
                      If you are down-under you can order it through New Zealand.
                      Regards,
                      Jan.

                      Message 11 of 11 , Nov 14, 2011
                        Thanks for that info Jan,

                        I'm in Oklahoma USA so I'm looking for "local" source for copper mesh. I tried some alleged "stainless steel sponges" that turned out to be magnetic so I suspect they are the 430 series stainless.