Re: A Peek

  • yack144
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
      I am not sure if this procedure is optimum, but it seems to work for
      me. I mix a 10 lb. bag and a 5lb bag of regular sugar with 6 gallons of
      hot tap water (total 15 lbs) of regular white sugar and cover on Friday
      evening then cast the turbo yeast on Saturday morning. On Thursday I
      add the settling compound (bentonite) and the wash is ready on
      Saturday. Yack144
    • Jane Doe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
        This is the second time I've taken a peek. Both times, I'm greated
        with a sharp alcohol smell & it's just through & through with tiny
        bubbles (apologies to Don Ho!) Now, it's burping away. The envelop
        said no airlock, but the brew store guy said keep one in. Air or no
        air, that is the question!

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <diskmaster23@y...>
        wrote:

        > Sounds great. Keep that up!
        > Just remember, sometimes it may say it'll take three days, but it
        > might take 4 or 5.
        >
        > I tried a turbo wash a couple times and I decided to do the
        > supermarket yeast thing. I wanted to see if it'll make a difference
        in
        > the product that comes out.
        >
        > By the way, this sounds like a good time to ask a question. Can you
        > get significant different favors with different types of yeasts?
        Will