Re: Cleaning copper

  • sackerbill1
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
      I already did that before I posted this question because I thought
      I'd seen that topic on here before. I searched all the way back to
      Nov.20th and didn't see anything on polishing copper, don't know
      maybe the methanol has made me go blind. If you could be so kind to
      post a link to the thread that would be great.

      Thanks.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "where in the world is kim"
      <whereintheworldiskim@c...> wrote:

      > Read the messages before you ask a question ... You will be liked
      > more..... this topic has been discussed about 1000 times.....
      >
      > ;-)
      >
      > Kim

    • Dean Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
        Vinegar does the trick but with a little baking soda added does the trick
        faster obviously you need to wash it thoroughly with water when finished or
        the residue acid let on copper will corrode it again.

        Dean.

        > Hello everyone...was wondering if there's anything that will clean
        > copper up like a new shiny penny. Fine steel wool and elbow grease does
        > a fine job but didn't know if there was something I could just soak it
        > in.
        >
        > Also, what is generally used for good sanitization of the still and
        > fermenter.
        >
        > Thanks.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • sackerbill1
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
          Thank you kindly Dean, I'll give it a shot!!!

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Thomas" <deanlil@p...>