Re: [new_distillers] Cleaning copper

  • where in the world is kim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
      Read the messages before you ask a question ... You will be liked
      more..... this topic has been discussed about 1000 times.....

      ;-)

      Kim

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
        I already did that before I posted this question because I thought
        I'd seen that topic on here before. I searched all the way back to
        Nov.20th and didn't see anything on polishing copper, don't know
        maybe the methanol has made me go blind. If you could be so kind to
        post a link to the thread that would be great.

        Thanks.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "where in the world is kim"
        <whereintheworldiskim@c...> wrote:

        > Read the messages before you ask a question ... You will be liked
        > more..... this topic has been discussed about 1000 times.....
        >
        > ;-)
        >
        > Kim

      • Dean Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
          Vinegar does the trick but with a little baking soda added does the trick
          faster obviously you need to wash it thoroughly with water when finished or
          the residue acid let on copper will corrode it again.

          Dean.

          > Hello everyone...was wondering if there's anything that will clean
          > copper up like a new shiny penny. Fine steel wool and elbow grease does
          > a fine job but didn't know if there was something I could just soak it
          > in.
          >
          > Also, what is generally used for good sanitization of the still and
          > fermenter.
          >
          > Thanks.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • sackerbill1
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
            Thank you kindly Dean, I'll give it a shot!!!

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Thomas" <deanlil@p...>