Cleaning copper

  • sackerbill1
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hello everyone...was wondering if there's anything that will clean
      copper up like a new shiny penny. Fine steel wool and elbow grease does
      a fine job but didn't know if there was something I could just soak it
      in.

      Also, what is generally used for good sanitization of the still and
      fermenter.

      Thanks.
    • where in the world is kim
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
        Read the messages before you ask a question ... You will be liked
        more..... this topic has been discussed about 1000 times.....

        ;-)

        Kim

        > Hello everyone...was wondering if there's anything that will clean
        > copper up like a new shiny penny. Fine steel wool and elbow grease does
        > a fine job but didn't know if there was something I could just soak it
        > in.
        >
        > Also, what is generally used for good sanitization of the still and
        > fermenter.
        >
        > Thanks.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • sackerbill1
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
          I already did that before I posted this question because I thought
          I'd seen that topic on here before. I searched all the way back to
          Nov.20th and didn't see anything on polishing copper, don't know
          maybe the methanol has made me go blind. If you could be so kind to
          post a link to the thread that would be great.

          Thanks.

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "where in the world is kim"
          <whereintheworldiskim@c...> wrote:

          > Read the messages before you ask a question ... You will be liked
          > more..... this topic has been discussed about 1000 times.....
          >
          > ;-)
          >
          > Kim

        • Dean Thomas
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
            Vinegar does the trick but with a little baking soda added does the trick
            faster obviously you need to wash it thoroughly with water when finished or
            the residue acid let on copper will corrode it again.

            Dean.

            > Hello everyone...was wondering if there's anything that will clean
            > copper up like a new shiny penny. Fine steel wool and elbow grease does
            > a fine job but didn't know if there was something I could just soak it
            > in.
            >
            > Also, what is generally used for good sanitization of the still and
            > fermenter.
            >
            > Thanks.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • sackerbill1
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
              Thank you kindly Dean, I'll give it a shot!!!

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Thomas" <deanlil@p...>