Re: labels and bottles

  • Cary Rhodes
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
      On label removal:

      wife bought a steamer contraption to take the wrinkles out of
      clothes. its a small box with a tank and heater with a hose like a
      vacuum cleaner.

      It works well removing the labels and glue from bottles.

      Don't think this was the manufacturer or her intended purpose.

      cary r

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "S E"
      <blackrabbit.namespace@h...> wrote:

      > depending on the part of the world you are from, going to a local
      nightclub
      > that gets a lot of action and offering the manager $20 for all his
      bottles
      > sometimes works. If you are from hickville like me, the local
      bars tend to
      > just put them out back of the bar until collection day and would
      never miss
      > nor care if a few were missing. Just a thought.
      >
      > .br.
      >

      > >From: "pure95percent" <pure95percent@y...>
      > >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [new_distillers] Re: labels and bottles
      > >Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:52:51 -0000
      > >
      > >I buy the San Peligrino sparkling mineral water in the 750 ml
      bottle.
      > >It has a screw top. I buy them by the case at the local warehouse
      > >discount store. It is fairly thin glass bottle and not ideal but I
      > >have used them quite a bit before I started having a few friends
      > >start saving their booze bottles. The water is just like Perrier.
      > >Drink the water and then save the bottle. It is clean so no
      washing
      > >necessary.
      > >
      > >Real booze bottles are better though. By putting them in a legit
      > >booze bottle, it also eliminates the chance of getting caught with
      > >any moonshine (if not legal in your part of the world). I like to
      > >take a bottle with me on the airplane when I travel. Had many
      > >security guys check vodka bottles with my shine in it. If I had
      it in
      > >a mason jar I am sure it would raise all kind of problems.
      > >
      > >Roderick
      > >

      > >--- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Cary Rhodes"
      <rhodeseng@y...>
      > >wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I would just like to find some bottles for sale somewhere.
      > > >
      > > > Not wine bottles.
      > > >
      > > > Something that looks like a spirits bottle.
      > > >
      > > > I have been using MAson jars and lids.
      > > >
      > > > But they look too HomeMAde.
      > > >
      > > > cary r
      > > >

      > > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "S E"

      > > > brew. When
      > >definately
      > > > have some

      > >advice
      > > > and
      > >near a
      > >you
      > > > at

      > > > taking
      > > > photos of
      > >Buttock

      > >sad
      > > > case

      > > > McAfee®
      > >cid=3963

      > On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on
      how to

    • morganfield1
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
        Thanks for the tip, better half has one of those. As far as the
        manufacturer's intended use, I can't think of anything else to use it
        for...
        Tipping one while in hiding, Morgan