Merry Christmas to you all

  • paulape_cook
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 26, 2005
      First off I'd like to thank all of you fine people for the advice and
      help you've given. You're all fabulous! I wasn't able to be near a
      computer for a couple of days, so I wasn't around for the
      international toast that was going on. But I raised a drink to you at
      7.

      I've uploaded a couple of my bottle labels to the photo section. I
      thought they may raise a smile (Moderator peoples: if this is taking
      up too much space that may be better devoted to diagrams and photos of
      stills, I'll be happy to ditch them). I call myself the One Buttock
      Distillery, because my drinkmaking is a bit half-arsed :)

      Merry Christmas peeps.

      Oh, and does anyone else make pretty labels, or am I the only sad case
      that does it?
    • Mark Wabster
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 26, 2005
        --- paulape_cook <overfiend@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        I call myself the One Buttock
        Distillery, because my drinkmaking is a bit half-arsed
        :)

        Merry Christmas peeps.

        Oh, and does anyone else make pretty labels, or am I
        the only sad case
        that does it?

        Woo another label freak...roll on with the goods
        hahaha

        Cheerz Mark.

      • morganfield1
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 26, 2005
          YES.. I make labels,too. I hate to admit it (don't tell the other
          members of the group). All my different concoctions go into the same
          kind of wine bottle. I used to just label them with a felt marker,
          then I decided to get "creative" (not as creative as you!).
          Tip one, Morgan

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "paulape_cook"

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 26, 2005
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1"
            <morganfield1@y...> wrote:

            > YES.. I make labels,too. I hate to admit it (don't tell the other
            > members of the group). All my different concoctions go into the
            same
            > kind of wine bottle. I used to just label them with a felt marker,
            > then I decided to get "creative" (not as creative as you!).
            > Tip one, Morgan
            >
            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "paulape_cook"
            > <overfiend@1...> wrote:
            > >

            > > I've uploaded a couple of my bottle labels to the photo section.
            > > thought they may raise a smile (Moderator peoples: if this is
            > taking
            > > up too much space that may be better devoted to diagrams and
            photos
            > of
            > > stills, I'll be happy to ditch them). I call myself the One
            Buttock
            > > Distillery, because my drinkmaking is a bit half-arsed :)
            > >
            > > Merry Christmas peeps.
            > >
            > > Oh, and does anyone else make pretty labels, or am I the only
            sad
            > case
            > > that does it?

            Yeah, we've all got too much time on our hands. ;-)
            http://www.geocities.com/gnikomson2000/Xmas-ideas.htm

            Nice work from the One Buttock Distillery, Paul.

            Moderator
          • S E
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 29, 2005
              I don't know about everyone else but I love making labels for my brew. When
              I get an exceptional supply of spirits collected I will definately have some
              printed up professionally, with some raised ink numbered bottles.

              .br.

              >From: "paulape_cook" <overfiend@...>
              >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [new_distillers] Merry Christmas to you all
              >Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:42:09 -0000
              >
              >First off I'd like to thank all of you fine people for the advice and
              >help you've given. You're all fabulous! I wasn't able to be near a
              >computer for a couple of days, so I wasn't around for the
              >international toast that was going on. But I raised a drink to you at
              >7.
              >
              >I've uploaded a couple of my bottle labels to the photo section. I
              >thought they may raise a smile (Moderator peoples: if this is taking
              >up too much space that may be better devoted to diagrams and photos of
              >stills, I'll be happy to ditch them). I call myself the One Buttock
              >Distillery, because my drinkmaking is a bit half-arsed :)
              >
              >Merry Christmas peeps.
              >
              >Oh, and does anyone else make pretty labels, or am I the only sad case
              >that does it?

            • Cary Rhodes
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 29, 2005
                I would just like to find some bottles for sale somewhere.

                Not wine bottles.

                Something that looks like a spirits bottle.

                I have been using MAson jars and lids.

                But they look too HomeMAde.

                cary r

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "S E"
                <blackrabbit.namespace@h...> wrote:

                > I don't know about everyone else but I love making labels for my
                brew. When
                > I get an exceptional supply of spirits collected I will definately
                have some
                > printed up professionally, with some raised ink numbered bottles.
                >
                > .br.
                >

                > >From: "paulape_cook" <overfiend@1...>
                > >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: [new_distillers] Merry Christmas to you all
                > >Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:42:09 -0000
                > >
                > >First off I'd like to thank all of you fine people for the advice
                and
                > >help you've given. You're all fabulous! I wasn't able to be near a
                > >computer for a couple of days, so I wasn't around for the
                > >international toast that was going on. But I raised a drink to you
                at
                > >7.
                > >
                > >I've uploaded a couple of my bottle labels to the photo section. I
                > >thought they may raise a smile (Moderator peoples: if this is
                taking
                > >up too much space that may be better devoted to diagrams and
                photos of
                > >stills, I'll be happy to ditch them). I call myself the One Buttock
                > >Distillery, because my drinkmaking is a bit half-arsed :)
                > >
                > >Merry Christmas peeps.
                > >
                > >Oh, and does anyone else make pretty labels, or am I the only sad
                case
                > >that does it?

                > Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
                McAfee®

              • pure95percent
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 29, 2005
                  I buy the San Peligrino sparkling mineral water in the 750 ml bottle.
                  It has a screw top. I buy them by the case at the local warehouse
                  discount store. It is fairly thin glass bottle and not ideal but I
                  have used them quite a bit before I started having a few friends
                  start saving their booze bottles. The water is just like Perrier.
                  Drink the water and then save the bottle. It is clean so no washing
                  necessary.

                  Real booze bottles are better though. By putting them in a legit
                  booze bottle, it also eliminates the chance of getting caught with
                  any moonshine (if not legal in your part of the world). I like to
                  take a bottle with me on the airplane when I travel. Had many
                  security guys check vodka bottles with my shine in it. If I had it in
                  a mason jar I am sure it would raise all kind of problems.

                  Roderick

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Cary Rhodes" <rhodeseng@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > I would just like to find some bottles for sale somewhere.
                  >
                  > Not wine bottles.
                  >
                  > Something that looks like a spirits bottle.
                  >
                  > I have been using MAson jars and lids.
                  >
                  > But they look too HomeMAde.
                  >
                  > cary r
                  >

                  > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "S E"
                  > <blackrabbit.namespace@h...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I don't know about everyone else but I love making labels for my
                  > brew. When
                  > > I get an exceptional supply of spirits collected I will
                  definately
                  > have some
                  > > printed up professionally, with some raised ink numbered bottles.
                  > >
                  > > .br.
                  > >

                  > > >From: "paulape_cook" <overfiend@1...>
                  > > >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                  > > >Subject: [new_distillers] Merry Christmas to you all
                  > > >Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:42:09 -0000
                  > > >
                  > > >First off I'd like to thank all of you fine people for the
                  advice
                  > and
                  > > >help you've given. You're all fabulous! I wasn't able to be
                  near a
                  > > >computer for a couple of days, so I wasn't around for the
                  > > >international toast that was going on. But I raised a drink to
                  you
                  > at
                  > > >7.
                  > > >
                  > > >I've uploaded a couple of my bottle labels to the photo section.
                  > > >thought they may raise a smile (Moderator peoples: if this is
                  > taking
                  > > >up too much space that may be better devoted to diagrams and
                  > photos of
                  > > >stills, I'll be happy to ditch them). I call myself the One
                  Buttock
                  > > >Distillery, because my drinkmaking is a bit half-arsed :)
                  > > >
                  > > >Merry Christmas peeps.
                  > > >
                  > > >Oh, and does anyone else make pretty labels, or am I the only
                  sad
                  > case
                  > > >that does it?

                  > > Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
                  > McAfee®
                  > > Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?
                  cid=3963

                • morganfield1
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 29, 2005
                    Hi Cary, if you have a friend who's a bartender, ask him/her to save
                    some emty liquer bottles, I've gotten quite a few that way.
                    Tip one, Morgan

                    wrote:

                    > I would just like to find some bottles for sale somewhere.
                    >
                    > Not wine bottles.
                    >
                    > Something that looks like a spirits bottle.
                    >
                    > I have been using MAson jars and lids.
                    >
                    > But they look too HomeMAde.
                    >
                    > cary r

                  • Chris and Tabi
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 29, 2005
                      I dont know if you have a "Freecycle" list in your area, but you can always
                      list that you are looking for bottles w/caps on there (I use the excuse that
                      it is for 'crafting projects' for the kids :o) We just use the clear wine
                      bottles with our labels on them, but like Roderick says, if you are
                      transporting them, then it would come into question if it was in anything
                      but a booze bottle.

                      Tabi

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
                        depending on the part of the world you are from, going to a local nightclub
                        that gets a lot of action and offering the manager $20 for all his bottles
                        sometimes works. If you are from hickville like me, the local bars tend to
                        just put them out back of the bar until collection day and would never miss
                        nor care if a few were missing. Just a thought.

                        .br.

                      • Cary Rhodes
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
                          On label removal:

                          wife bought a steamer contraption to take the wrinkles out of
                          clothes. its a small box with a tank and heater with a hose like a
                          vacuum cleaner.

                          It works well removing the labels and glue from bottles.

                          Don't think this was the manufacturer or her intended purpose.

                        • morganfield1
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
                            Thanks for the tip, better half has one of those. As far as the
                            manufacturer's intended use, I can't think of anything else to use it
                            for...
                            Tipping one while in hiding, Morgan