Considering getting into t his hobby

  • Adam Cooper
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      I have been reading up on the subject of home stilling and am very interested in giving it a go. I had relatives in MS and AR that stilled, so it has always been something that has been in the back of my mind.

      I am an apartment dweller with limited space and limited tools for building a still.
      What do you guys suggest as a good simple still for my first experiments that will fit my needs?

      Also, I have seen a product marketed called easystill. Is this any good? It seems like kind of a cheat to me. Part of the excitiment for me is in actually making a still from scratch with limited resources.

      Thanks in advance for any advice or kind comments you can give me.

      Adam

      ---------------------------------------
      www.INKEDNIB.com --Fountain Pens & More
    • greg tufts
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
        Welcome Adam.
        This site has tons of good info
        http://homedistiller.org/
        Here is another
        http://www.moonshine-still.com/
        Hope you get the info you need.
        cheers
        greg
        --- Adam Cooper <fountwriter@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        I have been reading up on the subject of home stilling
        and am very interested in giving it a go. I had
        relatives in MS and AR that stilled, so it has always
        been something that has been in the back of my mind.

        I am an apartment dweller with limited space and
        limited tools for building a still.
        What do you guys suggest as a good simple still for
        my first experiments that will fit my needs?

        Also, I have seen a product marketed called
        easystill. Is this any good? It seems like kind of a
        cheat to me. Part of the excitiment for me is in
        actually making a still from scratch with limited
        resources.

        Thanks in advance for any advice or kind comments
        you can give me.

        Adam

        www.INKEDNIB.com --Fountain Pens & More

        New Distillers group archives are at