Re: Hotplate or open flame (part 2)

  • morganfield1
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hello again, Sacker,
      I bought mine at wally world. It's a single burner unit, 1000 or 1100
      watts, I'm not sure which. Cost me about 10 usd. After heat loss (non-
      insulated boiler, external heat source, ect.) works out to about 800
      watts to the boiler. Slow, but makes good hooch. Again, you have to
      bypass the thermostate inside ( call your sparky friend if you feel
      unsure about doing it yourself). It's a 110 volt unit. Anougther way to
      go is to salvage a burner out of an old electric stove, but you have to
      build a sturdy tray for the boiler, isolated from the burner,
      incorporating the reostate, yada yada yada. This would allow a quick
      boil up, then you could turn it down to a slower boil. But, I babble.
      You get the idea. Good luck.
      Tip one, Morgan

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sackerbill1" <jsshort1@n...>