Re: Hotplate or open flame

  • morganfield1
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
      Hello Sacker,
      Actually, most use internal heating elements. Hot plates are fine,
      but, you have to disable the thermostate so you get constant, steady
      heat. Do not attemp this unless you are a bit of a sparky
      (electriction). Many still use propane, it's easy, fast, easily
      controlable, and potentially disatrous (would you put a pot of
      gasoline on top of a fire and bring it to a boil?). I used to use
      propane for a while, then I picked up a 1000 watt hot plate. Takes
      longer to bring to a boil, but I feel (alittle) safer. If your
      running a pot still, propane is an option, if your running a LM
      (liquid Management), then it's pretty much out of the question
      because the product is coming out hot and fumes could be floating
      around. Good luck.
      Tip one, Morgan

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sackerbill1" <jsshort1@n...>